This is a translated article from the site MaCuisine.
Your recipe servings do not fit your guest number ? Here is a way to easily adjust the quantities !
You have a recipe for 4 servings. But you have 7 guests ? MyKitchen Convert Tools is a smart and easy to use recipe scaler. It converts quantities and units from a number of servings to another. Adjusting the original quantities to the real portions you need becomes so easy !
With MyKitchen Convert Tools, no you do not have to worry about about scaling the quantites to your actual number of guests ! Just enter ingredients and quantities ! Our food database contains a large number of pre-filled ingredients and will make the input quick and smooth. It also provides nutritional informations about the recipe ingredients.
How to calculate the right proportions ?
1 – Recipe Servings adjustement
- First, enter in the upper left corner the initial number of servings of your recipe i
- Then type the final number of servings you wish in the right corner.
2 – Enter the recipe ingredients and quantities
- The first line is ready to use.
- Enter the quantity (weight or volume) in the red zone. This must be a numerical value.
- Then select the measuring unit in the drop down menu (grams, cups, spoons, ….) next to the quantity.
- In the next box enter the ingredient name. Y
- A new line is now created, ready for your next ingredient !
How do I get the result ?
- You can see the adjusted quantity right away in the green box on the right.
- You can change the result unit according to the balance or the measuring glass you use :